- Churchover solar
- Churchover turbines
- Wolvey Wolf turbines
- Copston Magna turbines
- The Arguments
- Response to McAlpine/RES
- Wind Economics
- Property Values
- Noise & Health
- Landscape Assessment
- Ecology & Wildlife
- CPRE new windfarm report
- Recommended Reading
- Sources of Information
- About Us
- BBC bias on climate change
- Latest News
- Climate change balance lost by BBC
- Energy Prices-The Times
- Turbines trash landscape benefit billionaires
- Global Warming Panic Over!
- Mini-Nukes the future
- The dirty secret of Britain's power madness
- Extreme weather the new Global Warming
- Tax Payers Alliance Energy view
- Britain can't afford wind power
- Fracking = prosperity?
- Its time to drill- Times leader
- Thoughtful article on Fracking
- Wind double subsidised
- Deluded energy policy
- The EU U-turn over energy
- Windfarm Wars Company in Churchover
- New noise guidance increases risk of harm
- Peter Lilley MP, Delingpole's new hero
- Shale Gas update 2013
- Maggie U-turned on Global Warming
- Devastatingly sad news
- 'smart' energy technology
- Engineers surveyed 2011
- Lord Turnbull speaks out
- Miracle shale gas
- Planning application refused!
- Warwickshire heritage beauty spot protected!
- How To Help
- Letters of Objection
- New Churchover PC Objection
- New Historic England Objection
- Churchover Resident Objection
- CPRE Objection
- English Heritage Objection
- Objection by expert R&F historian
- Leicestershire County Council objection
- Warwicks CC Ecology objection
- Harborough District Objection
- Churchover PC Objection
- Bitteswell PC Objection
- Pailton PC objection
- Some other Objections sent
- Rugby BC Planning Committee
- Contact Us
Harborough District Objection
Harborough District Council have commented and raised objections to the application, details of which can be read below.
This application has raised a number of concerns from consultees relating to the proposal’s impact on the District’s landscape and the villages that lie close to the site of the proposed turbines. The LPA would wish to raise objections with regard to the proposal’s very significant impact on the landscape of the area, and on the setting of the villages of Cotesbach and Shawell, as well as Churchover in your district, and on the setting of the Grade II* listed parish churches at Cotesbach and Shawell, and would also raise concerns with regard to the proposal’s impact on the setting of numerous Grade II listed buildings and other heritage assets in and around those villages.
This LPA has not dealt with any similar proposals in the immediate vicinity of the application site, though it was to have refused a planning application for 1no wind turbine (119m height) at Shawell Quarry which was withdrawn (application ref. 13/00969/FUL). A planning application for 1no wind turbine (66m height) at Mere Lane, Bitteswell (north of Magna Park) was approved (11/00756/FUL) and is operational. And you will be aware of the Low Spinney and Swinford wind farms, both allowed at appeal.
The proposal’s public impacts on landscape, local residents’ amenity, heritage assets, wildlife, noise, highway safety and rights of way users, will need to be balanced against its public benefits in terms of renewable energy generation.
I trust that these comments will be of benefit to you in making a recommendation on the application and members of your Planning Committee in determining the application. Please inform Harborough District Council of the decision on the application in due course.
Planning Officer (West Team)
Harborough District Council